FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (JUNE 10, 2021): Presented by Bridgewater Commons, the more than 1.2 million square foot shopping, dining and entertainment center located in Somerset County, Community Hub, its new 3,500 square foot event space located next to Verizon Wireless on the Main Level, will soon make its inaugural debut.
According to Bridgewater Commons’ Marketing Director Tom Kovacic, not only does the Somerset County center strive to offer its visitors a unique shopping experience coupled with an array of convenient and second-to-none amenities, but also works to recognize and celebrate the history and heritage of its operating region in creative and interactive ways throughout the year.
“Since opening our doors in 1988, Bridgewater Commons has prided itself on serving as a community cornerstone for those we serve,” said Kovacic. “It is our goal that Community Hub quickly becomes a special place our visitors will frequent to experience culture and diversity, share ideas and collaborate with friends and most of all, have fun!”
For its inaugural activation, Bridgewater Commons will proudly welcome Claymore Vets to the Community Hub. In conjunction with June 12’s Women Veterans Day, a date that marks the anniversary of the Women’s Armed Services Integration Act, Claymore Vets, whose mission is to cultivate a creative and connected community of veterans and artists through transformative clay and other art processes, will activate Community Hub in partnership with Frontline Arts for a one-week series of powerful exhibits and engaging workshops designed to raise awareness of the experiences of local female veterans and honors their service and sacrifice. Please visit www.bridgewatercommons.com for a complete schedule of happenings such as Public Exhibit dates and times along with papermaking and live painting workshops and a spoken word poetry reading and musical performance.
Following Making the Invisible: Visible, not only will Bridgewater Commons’ new Community Hub host additional family-friendly activations throughout the summer, but the center will also hold a series of special events slated to take place both inside, and outside, its walls.
A June 2021 schedule of Bridgewater Commons’ Community Hub happenings, along with other special center events, follows:
June 12-19: Making the Invisible: Visible
• A one-week series of exhibits and workshops presented by Claymore Vets in partnership with Frontline Arts at the Community Hub. See www.bridgewatercommmons.com for a complete schedule.
June 15-17 during center operating hours: Alli K Live Painting
• Using her unique drawing style and staple black and white color palette, Dallas, TX-based artist Alli K will creatively transform blank spaces and walls inside Bridgewater Commons on the Lower Level near Pottery Barn, as well as other interior areas.
Sat., June 26, 11am-1pm: Youth Art Workshops
• A Community Hub event hosted by The Center for Contemporary Art, hands-on art projects, including decoupage and watercolor, for children age 9-15. Registration is required.
Sat, June 26, 1-2pm: Broadway at the Commons
• Iconic Broadway song favorites performed live on stage by members of the cast of American Theater Group’s (ATG) upcoming production of The Bridges of Madison County. The one-day-only performance will take place rain or shine in Parking Lot 7 by Macy’s. Broadway at the Commons is open to the public.
Sun., June 27, 1-3pm: Journey Back in Time: Rocks, Minerals and Dinosaurs!
• Offered by The Children’s Museum located in Bridgewater, N.J., an educational program that introduces children and their parents to the natural world and the exciting history of fossils and dinosaurs. RSVP is required for this Community Hub event.
Bridgewater Commons’ Community Hub interviews and tours of the new event space are available to schedule. Please contact Sue Helondovitch, Strategy+Style Marketing Group, at 973.610.4763 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time slot.
And, to learn more about Community Hub and its schedule of happenings, please visit www.bridgewatercommons.com. Local clubs, community groups, not-for-profit organizations and others interested in activating the center’s new community space, please contact Bridgewater Commons’ Marketing Director Tom Kovacic at 908.448.2025 or email@example.com.